Steel-High can win its third PIAA football championship in four years and its second in a row Thursday afternoon.
The undefeated Rollers face District 7 champion Fort Cherry at 1 p.m. at Cumberland Valley High School, a hop, skip and a jump from their home turf. It’ll be the final game of quarterback Alex Erby’s career. The Naval Academy recruit is one of the best to ever do it in the Keystone State, owning the career passing yards and touchdowns records with a chance to set the single-season TD mark in his last hoorah.
As always, bookmark this page on your phone, laptop or tablet to follow every matchup and see every highlight from the Mid-Penn and some of the teams in the Colonial-Schuylkill League. We’ll update scores throughout the night on this page (refresh the page to see new updates), and you can follow our Twitter feed below for minute-by-minute updates.
PIAA football playoffs: State championships analysis, staff picks and previews
Each week 4th Down Magazine will preview the weekend slate, predict the winners and provide extra analysis. Here’s everything to get you ready for the PIAA championship games:
- Who’s gonna win? The 4th Down crew picks who will win the state championships
- PIAA football rankings: See Eric Epler’s state rankings from Class 6A to 1A
2023 PIAA football championships schedule and scores:
Follow along for every result from the PIAA football championships this weekend at Cumberland Valley High School:
Thursday, Dec. 7
- Class 1A championship: 3-1 Steel-High 42, 7-1 Fort Cherry 8 Final
- Class 4A championship: 2-1 Dallas vs. 7-1 Aliquippa, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 8
- Class 2A championship: 4-1 Southern Columbia vs. 8-1 Westinghouse, 1 p.m.
- Class 5A championship: 12-1 Imhotep Charter vs. 7-1 Peters Township, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 9
- Class 3A championship: 11-1 Northwestern Lehigh vs. 7-1 Belle Vernon, 1 p.m.
- Class 6A championship: 12-1 St. Joseph’s Prep vs. 7-1 North Allegheny, 7 p.m.
Pennsylvania high school football live updates and highlights
Click on this Twitter/X list link to follow updates from area teams and reporters from tonight’s games.