15 November 2018
By 4th Down Staff:
Dalton Leedy accounted for four touchdowns, led Tri-Valley to a District 11 Class 1A title and is now the 4th Down Magazine Player of the Week.
It was a big weekend for the quarterback, who earned 53 percent of the vote, helped the Bulldogs avenge a regular-season loss to Williams Valley in the district championship, winning 28-21 to enter T-V into this week's PIAA tournament.
The senior threw for 199 yards on 9-of-19 passing, then added 22 carries for 118 stripes. His TD tosses were from 62 and 38 yards, and he trotted in from 8 and 65 yards. He also averaged 33.5 on four punts.
Leedy has thrown for 1,549 yards so far this season with 13 TD passes on 99-of-216 passing. His 118 rushing yards is a season high, pushing him to 335 stripes and eight 10 scores.
He picked up 769 of the 1,451 total votes cast. He easily beat out Middletown's Jose Lopez (13.9 percent) and third-place State College's Isaiah Edwards (7.8).
Latest from Adam Kulikowski
- From the Sentinel: Carlisle lineman Grady Chapman excited to follow in father's footsteps at Army
- Introducing the candidates for the 2018 4th Down Magazine MVP Award
- Meet the PIAA 3A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 1A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 6A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 4A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 2A All-State Team
- Middletown back Richie Sykes earns first D-I offers
- St. Joseph's Prep outlasts a resilient Harrisburg club to claim its fourth PIAA state title in six years, 40-20
- Aliquippa shuts down Middletown, 35-0, to capture the PIAA Class 3A championship
- Live updates: PIAA Class 3A championship--Middletown vs. Aliquippa
- Players to watch heading into the 3A and 6A state title games
- Picks and Predictions for the Harrisburg and Middletown state title games
- Player of the Week: Middletown defensive back Antonio Bryant
- Listen now: High School Football Now with Eric Epler and Andy Shay (Episode 16)