09 November 2018
By 4th Down Staff:
A lineman is king of the mountain.
Williams Valley dragged Marion Catholic to a halt in last week's rain, winning the District 11 Class 1A championship 17-0.
At the forefront of that effort was two-way talent Spencer Dimon, who was voted the 4DM Player of the Week for the first week of the postseason. The senior smothered MC's attempts to move the ball all night, recording 15 tackles (11 solo, 2 for loss). And he also chipped in a sack, interception and forced fumble. Forced to play from behind, Marion managed just 60 rushing yards thanks to Dimon and the Vikings' front seven.
Dimon ran away with the voting this week, picking up 619 of the 1,035 votes cast (59.8 percent), beating out Halifax QB London Johnson (22.1) and Upper Dauphin QB-LB Macklin Ayers (11.3).
Note: 4th Down apologizes for the technical difficults caused by a server malfunction at Bluehost earlier this week which caused a loss of data on our site--and the reboot of our weekly poll. We also heard from several fans who expressed that they were unable to vote in the rebooted poll. We believe we have addressed those issues so they do not occur in the future. Our polling throughout the year has been limited to one vote per IP address, which we now realize may have limited households to one vote, causing others who may have tried to vote using the same IP address to see a message saying they have already voted. Future polls will be open to voting each hour in an effort to address this issue.
Latest from Adam Kulikowski
- Big Spring names Joe Sinkovich head football coach
- Six local players selected to the 2019 Pennsylvania Football Coaches Association East-West All-Star Game
- Harrisburg's Kane Everson and Bishop McDevitt's Nazir Burnett headline a strong Mid-Penn class selected to PA's Big 33 roster
- From the Sentinel: Carlisle lineman Grady Chapman excited to follow in father's footsteps at Army
- Introducing the candidates for the 2018 4th Down Magazine MVP Award
- Meet the PIAA 3A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 1A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 6A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 4A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 2A All-State Team
- Middletown back Richie Sykes earns first D-I offers
- St. Joseph's Prep outlasts a resilient Harrisburg club to claim its fourth PIAA state title in six years, 40-20
- Aliquippa shuts down Middletown, 35-0, to capture the PIAA Class 3A championship
- Live updates: PIAA Class 3A championship--Middletown vs. Aliquippa
- Players to watch heading into the 3A and 6A state title games