09 November 2018
By 4th Down Staff:
A lineman is king of the mountain.
Williams Valley dragged Marion Catholic to a halt in last week's rain, winning the District 11 Class 1A championship 17-0.
At the forefront of that effort was two-way talent Spencer Dimon, who was voted the 4DM Player of the Week for the first week of the postseason. The senior smothered MC's attempts to move the ball all night, recording 15 tackles (11 solo, 2 for loss). And he also chipped in a sack, interception and forced fumble. Forced to play from behind, Marion managed just 60 rushing yards thanks to Dimon and the Vikings' front seven.
Dimon ran away with the voting this week, picking up 619 of the 1,035 votes cast (59.8 percent), beating out Halifax QB London Johnson (22.1) and Upper Dauphin QB-LB Macklin Ayers (11.3).
Note: 4th Down apologizes for the technical difficults caused by a server malfunction at Bluehost earlier this week which caused a loss of data on our site--and the reboot of our weekly poll. We also heard from several fans who expressed that they were unable to vote in the rebooted poll. We believe we have addressed those issues so they do not occur in the future. Our polling throughout the year has been limited to one vote per IP address, which we now realize may have limited households to one vote, causing others who may have tried to vote using the same IP address to see a message saying they have already voted. Future polls will be open to voting each hour in an effort to address this issue.
Latest from Adam Kulikowski
- Listen now: High School Football Now with Eric Epler and Andy Shay (Episode 13)
- Five game changers in Week 3 of the postseason
- Tri-Valley League: Stories to know heading into Week 13
- Mid-Penn Six-Pack of stories to watch heading into Week 3 of the postseason
- Eric Epler's State High School Football Rankings after Week 12
- Week 12 Game Balls
- Photo gallery: Wilson vs. Harrisburg
- Photo gallery: Cedar Cliff vs. Warwick
- In their words: Cedar Cliff advances to the District 3 Class 5A semifinal against Manheim Central
- Vote now: 4th Down Magazine Player of the Week Presented by Crown Trophy in Lemoyne (Week 12)
- Sunday QB: Cedar Cliff throttles Warwick; Tri-Valley earns District title; Rams blank Manheim Twp. and more
- Making the Grade Wyomissing vs. Middletown
- Middletown smothers Wyomissing to advance to the District 3-3A championship, 41-6
- 4th Down Magazine Game of the Week: Wyomissing vs. Middletown
- Mid-Penn Six-Pack of stories to watch heading into Week 2 of the postseason