HS Football: Carlisle wastes 200-yard night from Trystin Sulich, fumbles 4 times and falls to Altoona in 2OT
Carlisle running back Trystin Sulich carries the rock for the Thundering Herd in Friday night's 49-42 loss to Altoona. (Jason Malmont/The Sentinel)
By Jake Adams:
CARLISLE — When Altoona punted the football with seven minutes left to play down 35-27, it looked like Carlisle was about to escape by the skin of its teeth with a win.
The Thundering Herd had battled back from a 13-0 deficit and four lost fumbles to take the lead three times and had taken a commanding eight-point lead just minutes before on Ben Nix’s 52-yard touchdown sprint.
With the offense humming and the defense putting up a few big stands in a row, it appeared all Brett Ickes’ squad had to do was string a few first downs together and milk the clock to leave Ken Millen Stadium with a crucial Mid-Penn Commonwealth victory Friday night.
For the full story, visit our friends at The Sentinel: https://cumberlink.com/sports/high-school/football/hs-football-carlisle-wastes--yard-night-from-trystin-sulich/article_1b44ae10-d50b-59e1-9502-eeac0f8cfc99.html
Latest from Adam Kulikowski
- Six local players selected to the 2019 Pennsylvania Football Coaches Association East-West All-Star Game
- Harrisburg's Kane Everson and Bishop McDevitt's Nazir Burnett headline a strong Mid-Penn class selected to PA's Big 33 roster
- From the Sentinel: Carlisle lineman Grady Chapman excited to follow in father's footsteps at Army
- Introducing the candidates for the 2018 4th Down Magazine MVP Award
- Meet the PIAA 3A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 1A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 6A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 4A All-State Team
- Meet the PIAA 2A All-State Team
- Middletown back Richie Sykes earns first D-I offers
- St. Joseph's Prep outlasts a resilient Harrisburg club to claim its fourth PIAA state title in six years, 40-20
- Aliquippa shuts down Middletown, 35-0, to capture the PIAA Class 3A championship
- Live updates: PIAA Class 3A championship--Middletown vs. Aliquippa
- Players to watch heading into the 3A and 6A state title games
- Picks and Predictions for the Harrisburg and Middletown state title games